Motivated by an alarming change in climate in the nonprofit environment, the Nonprofit Eye launched in April '06. Our industry is under attack, with our very identity between a rock and a hard place. Are we as professional as a business? Are we so professional that we aren't a charity anymore? Are we pushing political agenda's? Are we government sub-contractors or agents of change? Everywhere I look, another threat to our tax-exempt status if we don't tow the line. Worse still, are we beginning to believe the attacks? is the public?
Take a look at the topics covered and then sign-up to receive updates when new articles are published. If you have a feed reader, the Eye is also RSS friendly.
If you aren't a subscriber yet and want to catch up, here are a few highlights by topic to get started:
- NONPROFIT IDENTITY CRISIS
- BRUCE SIEVERS & NONPROFIT IDENTITY
- SOLVING THE NONPROFIT IDENTITY CRISIS
- THE OXYMORONIC CHALLENGE
- WHAT'S IN A NAME?
- THE CHALLENGE OF WORKING FOR (& STAYING IN) A NONPROFIT JOB
- NONPROFIT BURNOUT?
- DYSFUNCTION & NONPROFIT BURNOUT OR A BALANCED LIFE?
- NONPROFIT BURNOUT: IS YOUR ADVENTURE WINDOW CLOSED?
- INSPIRATION: THE OPPOSITE OF BURNOUT
- THE TEMPORALITY OF DIGITAL KNOWLEDGE
- I WILL NOT BLOG ABOUT BLOGGING...
- ANTI-SOCIAL BLOGGING
- CARVING OUR WAY TO DISASTER RECOVERY
- TAG YOU'RE IT: NONPROFIT TAG SYSTEMS
- I BLOG THEREFORE I AM
- NONPROFIT OPEN SOURCE
- ALLOWABILITY, REASONABLENESS & ALLOCABILITY
- DEVELOPMENT & FINANCE: A BROKEN MARRIAGE?
- DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS REVENUE?
- RISKY BUSINESS
- NONPROFIT IMAGE PROBLEM: FLAWS IN FRAUD DETECTION
- NONPROFIT HALL OF SHAME
- OMB, CFR, TITLE 2 AND MORE
- CLASSIC NONPROFIT RESOURCES: FINANCIAL STANDARDS
- IT'S A NEW WORLD: ADVICE FOR NONPROFIT LEADERS
- FUNDRAISING & ACCOUNTING: A BROKEN MARRIAGE? (thoughts on Raisers and Financial Edge)
- CODE NAME INFINITY - SEND-UP OF TECH TALK AT THE '06 CONFERENCE
- WHEN CONFERENCE LOGISTICS GO WRONG-ONE USERS TALES OF WOE